Sensors malfunctioned? Have to increase temperature for a particular filament considerably.

Posted · Sensors malfunctioned? Have to increase temperature for a particular filament considerably.

Using a black filament I've had to increase the nozzle temp compared to white filament to 220 degC, after quite a few successful prints I noticed it would occasionally jam and after many atomic methods to no avail I tried some of the white filament and tried pushing it trough manually and it worked a treat straight away. I figured it must be the temperature and so increasing it to around 250-255 degC with the black filament got it flowing how it was previously.

The trouble I have now is that its leaving strings whilst moving the head - and clearly something is wrong.

How do I troubleshoot this - I'm assuming the sensors are the things I have to check first?

Posted (edited) · Sensors malfunctioned? Have to increase temperature for a particular filament considerably.

If the white works but the black doesn't then it sounds like it's a material issue.

Are you sure the black is Pla?  Maybe it was labeled wrong.

Edited by Guest

Posted · Sensors malfunctioned? Have to increase temperature for a particular filament considerably.

My first thought also is that the black material might be ABS.