Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
paul9

Polymaker filaments

Hello everybody.

Any of you who has a Ultimaker printer has used this strand PolyPlus PLA?

What qualities do you get?

How he behaves during printing?

it is true that it is better than normal PLA in terms of mechanical strength?

The shop where I bought my UM2+ recommended those filaments from Polymaker so I started with almost all colors from Polymaker having Polyplus as well as Polyflex. I only started printing recently so don't have much to compare with. I can only say it's definitely producing decent prints. At least, the Polyplus because the Polyflex is totally different. I might not yet have found the most ideal settings (50mm/s, 225°) but to me it seems that has some limitations. You cannot use support very well because it just doesn't break well from the object you're printing. Any slight overhang is not printed nicely and that's the same for other details. I'm enclosing couple of pictures where white is Polyplus and black is the Polyflex. Rest of the settings are equal except for temperature which is higher for the Polyflex. Would love to hear from others their experience with Polyflex or other flex in general.

Mervin_front.thumb.jpg.d6dbad3e87d8a2eacb038327153650ac.jpg

Mervin_back.thumb.jpg.a1479375a0bbc0504c11fb8dd5ac2aa1.jpg

Mervin_side.thumb.jpg.0c89b8e1278d38f9d8dbf008a22b6dca.jpg

Flex materials is usually pretty difficult to print well.

I have used some of the Polymaker PolyMAX PLA and i have been very happy with it, it produces very nice looking prints, is more bendy and has a much higher impact resistance than regular PLA, it does almost not feel like it is PLA at all.

The shop where I bought my UM2+ recommended those filaments from Polymaker so I started with almost all colors from Polymaker having Polyplus as well as Polyflex. I only started printing recently so don't have much to compare with. I can only say it's definitely producing decent prints. At least, the Polyplus because the Polyflex is totally different. I might not yet have found the most ideal settings (50mm/s, 225°) but to me it seems that has some limitations. You cannot use support very well because it just doesn't break well from the object you're printing. Any slight overhang is not printed nicely and that's the same for other details. I'm enclosing couple of pictures where white is Polyplus and black is the Polyflex. Rest of the settings are equal except for temperature which is higher for the Polyflex. Would love to hear from others their experience with Polyflex or other flex in general.

Thank you for these your important information.