Err: MAXTEMP BED after a weeks use (UMO)

catohagen

Posted · Err: MAXTEMP BED after a weeks use (UMO)

Hi,

I bought a Heated bed upgrade to my UMO and have been using it for about a week now.

Today I started a 4hr print with Colorfabb XT, 255C nozzle and 70C bed....after 1.5 hrs machine 'crashed' meaning the nozzle glued itself to the print because of this alarm and I guess it shut down nozzle heater and bed.

Now I cant start the bed, temp is all over the place, 100C-32C-150C-500C-48C-130C like this every 2 secs..

Anyone know if its bed is faulty or have experienced similar ?

After a weekend with fiddling, its the connector to the heatbed thats acting up, i've

taken off the heatbed 3-4 times and 'retightened' the screws (when you tighten an already tight screw, you'll start to break the head when the screwdriver loose grip) But after a while the same error happens.

For now it last longest then I jam something inbetween the wires sticking out and the wooden base.

IMAG0060.thumb.jpg.4738d376edae8483b4d740c8cef6040c.jpg

IMAG0060.thumb.jpg.4738d376edae8483b4d740c8cef6040c.jpg

Take it all apart - check the connections. The error is from the temp sensor - not the heater itself. The temp sensor is the smaller 2 wires. Check the resistance - it should be about 108 ohms at room temperature.

I took off the heater board from the bed and turned it around and added (more) solder to the

4 points to the connector, seems errors stopped.

(Read another post in this forum about badly manufactured heated beds and poor solder points)

Good luck...