Blower fan for Ultimaker 2 controller board

KASHMIR

Posted (edited) · Blower fan for Ultimaker 2 controller board

I need some help, i am not electronic savvy.

The question is i have 2 identical fans ( SUNON, 12 VOLTS ) ( 50mm x 50 mm )

Each fan has these specifications

Power current:  105 mA

Power consumpion: 1.26 watts

I want the 2 fans to  cool the controller board. I have built a PLA housing for the 2 fans to sit on top of board.

I am also using the same power supply GS220A24-R7B -- DC VOLTAGE 24V same used on the ULTIMAKER 2.

I have attached images below. The specs for the power supply is highlighted in green.

I have already connected the 2 fans in parallel, but when i plug the connector onto the

board J20  ( fan 19-24 v )  the fans do not want to spin, i feel the motors on the fans

vibrating but no spinning.

Can someone please help me, i don't know why they don't want to spin.5a331fec1d5e5_SUNONFAN12V.thumb.JPG.232fa6a348b038104120b22b204021c9.JPG[/media]5a331fec7824d_POWERSPECS.thumb.jpg.cd05e64ee227b1361606314b16402da7.jpg

5a331fec1d5e5_SUNONFAN12V.thumb.JPG.232fa6a348b038104120b22b204021c9.JPG

5a331fec7824d_POWERSPECS.thumb.jpg.cd05e64ee227b1361606314b16402da7.jpg

Edited by Guest

Posted · Blower fan for Ultimaker 2 controller board

x2 12V fan in parallel on a 24V plug... Do you see the probem?

Run them in series so they actually use 12V on a 24V plug. Also, I might be wrong, but pluging 12V fans on a 24V can destroy them. So, test serial.

Posted · Blower fan for Ultimaker 2 controller board

just for clarity, as you say you are not 'electronic savvy' running in series means the current goes through one first and then the other

If you were to look inside the black block of the print head you would see this is how they are wired, if a connection breaks both fans will stop working

hope that is clearer - good luck