Walls not touching infill

sanne

Posted · Walls not touching infill

Hello all,

Does anyone have an idea what is causing my walls not touching the infill?IMG_7939.thumb.JPG.8d0ca57074ff63484484edf8e145ad84.JPG Printed in PLA on an Ultimaker2.

Could it be the tension of the belts? The small belt on the left looks sloppy. I can't find the way to tighten it.

Many thanks,

Sanne

IMG_7939.thumb.JPG.8d0ca57074ff63484484edf8e145ad84.JPG

Posted · Walls not touching infill

It could definitely be the tension on the belts - to tighten the short belts is easiest - loosen the four bolts holding the motor. Push down on the motor with a few kg of force while retightening the 4 screws. You many need to remove the metal cover first which is held on by 4 screws.

However most of your part it *is* touching the walls. I would look at your part in x-ray view and make sure there is no red, and also look at it in layer view to make sure it looks like the infill is touching walls in layer view as I think this may be more of a bad model (not manifold).