Initial bed leveling problems Marlin firmware

Sarchopilus

Posted · Initial bed leveling problems Marlin firmware

Hi there everyone. I hope I am not asking the same question as someone else, but I couldn't seem to find anyone else having this problem. So I recently built my UM2 and after installing the firmware I go to do the initial bed leveling it doesn't go to the first position correctly. From what I can tell, from watching videos, The first position the print head should move to is the back center of the build plate close to the rear adjustment screw. If I am wrong please someone correct me on this. Instead of going there it goes to the front center of the build plate. Then it goes to the right and the left. So essentially it does the bed leveling in a straight line. Have I done something wrong with the firmware? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Your Y axis is going to the wrong position. Posibly it is wired backwards (always moves the wrong way) or maybe it's not connected at all? Does you Y axis *ever* move? Maybe you should show it doing the homing procedure - just skip through the bed leveling procedure saying "continue" every time - you can always run it later, then tell it to home the head (x and y) and video this procedure. In fact before steppers are powered up, push the head to the center of the printer and then home it and video this and post. I'm guessing the head either doesn't move at all in Y or moves the wrong direction (I forget if it's supposed to home in the front or the back as UMO and UM2 are opposite and so both seem "right" to me as I have been using both lately - oh wait - UM2 should home in the back left corner).

• 8 months later...

Wondering if there is an update.  I am getting the same issue on a UM2 Clone I built  Running the latest version of the Marlin Firmware.  Printer prints fine once I ballparked the Bed Leveling.  all axis move in the correct directions, it homes fine and prints fine but when I try to run the bed leveling routine it goes to the front center first.  I have been all thru the firmware and have yet to find that routine.    Please don't beat me up for building a clone, I have another cheaper printer and I could not afford the up front price.  However I did use an Ultiboard 2.1.4, I opted for direct Drive with both X/Y on the Back Left corner.  I did have to invert one stepper.