Ultimaker 2 extended not extruding consistently

robbo17

Posted · Ultimaker 2 extended not extruding consistently

Hi all,

First post here...

Having a few issues with Ultimaker 2 extended not extruding filament consistently.

I have attached a few images which will probably show you the issue straight away.

IMG_1352.thumb.JPG.e1c4578e51ecc54f14a69b43f1019c79.JPG

IMG_1353.thumb.JPG.d306945286cd874f4e8e8f131364cc26.JPG

It seems that the extruder is not applying the filament to the bed consistently. I have cleaned the nozzle out using the atomic cleaning method and also tried using a different filament. For this particular print I have been using the UM2E Colourfabb PLA setting that we have been using since we had the printer. I have also printed out a Ultimaker test robot which came out fine and the first layer went down as normal.

If you have any thoughts on what the issue could be, that would be great.

Thanks guys!

IMG_1352.thumb.JPG.e1c4578e51ecc54f14a69b43f1019c79.JPG

IMG_1353.thumb.JPG.d306945286cd874f4e8e8f131364cc26.JPG

Hi @Robbo17,

welcome to the forums!

How long have you had your Ultimaker 2?

To me it looks like your bed is levelled to high. In this case it results in the bed kinda blocking off the nozzle and preventing it from extruding. That there are some minor extrusion lines can be that there was some minor difference in the bed or the rods are slightly bend and the filament saw some room to escape and relief some of the build up pressure.

I would recommend to lower the bed a little bit and see how that goes!

Good luck!

I agree with Sander, this looks like the nozzle being too close in combination with the glass not being perfectly flat. If you use a very thin starting layer this will be more visible. Often it doesn't really matter though as it evens out by the 2nd-3rd layer.

Also, too much glue man :)

Hi both,

Thanks for the replies!

I gave the bed a good clean and also realigned the bed with the nozzle.

It now appears to be laying down the filament as expected! Thanks again, appreciated!

IMG_1354.thumb.JPG.1f722bf156abcc5c3897ed150c531766.JPG

IMG_1354.thumb.JPG.1f722bf156abcc5c3897ed150c531766.JPG

• Like 1