Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
KNO56

Original with extrusion upgrade kit or Original+?

UMO+

Mainly because it uses the um2 board and you could upgrade it to um2+ hotend in the future to get a bit more quality.

Umo 1.5.7 board has 1 advantage and it's that with some soldering skills you could install silentstep motor chips.

Also umo it's discontinued so you might get a good deal from a reseller that wants to clean stock. But check the numbers $$$.

UMO+ was around 995 when I purchased it. The upgrade extrusion parts will run you 400. Seems like your saving some cash. If you love tinkering, adjusting then go after the UM0+, if not go with UM2.  When I first purchased the UMO+ there were times when I asked myself "why didn't you just get the UM2 you cheapa***!" LOL

I ask myself the same question... I have been tempted to make my printer kindling more then once :p

However the forum community here has been incredibly helpful answering questions. Plus, I have learned A LOT about my printer in the process.

I went with the UMO+. It will take you a couple of days to build it, but after that you won't be afraid to take it apart to fix anything that might go wrong.

Compared to the UM2/UM2+, just think how much filament you can afford with the money you save. Or, you could even buy a second UMO+. :)

BTW the extra cost for a UMO+ vs. UMO is well worth it. The heated bed is a really nice feature.