Heated bed upgrade - power cable length

Posted · Heated bed upgrade - power cable length

so a little bit of a first world problem (a bit like the air con in here is too cold!!!) but the power suply brick that comes with the heated bed is so much bigger, and the actual cable is so so so much shorter, i can no longer get the power to reach to the printer.

And when the power brick is on the floor, even then the cable is too short to reach the printer. why such a short cable? do people keep their printers on the floor? im using standard height kitchen counters.

Yeah I noticed the cord from the printer to the brick is shorter than what I was used to on the UMO. I just unpacked my Ultimaker 2 from Fabrc8 last night (refurb) and noticed that the cord length from brick to printer is also short too.

Like you, I was used to having everything on the floor. With the new bricks, I have to have them on the workbench.

Meduza has a good idea...might have to try that. (I also considered industrial velcro to attach to the brick to the back of the workbench)

Posted (edited) · Heated bed upgrade - power cable length

The only problem with that file...you can't print it on an Ultimaker Original  :)  Even on the slightly larger Ultimaker 2 it has to be done diagonal to fit.

Edited by Guest

@LePaul, you have definitely not tried enough... :-)

It is actually possible to print 3 at a time on a UM2 printer without doing it diagonally, you'll just have to use skirt with 0 lines :-) I printed six holders for Stockholm Makerspace during a night by using two UM2 printers :-)

XrO7bfN.png

It is also very printable on a UMO+ on the diagonal unless you use 8mm brim or more (7mm does actually work)

0WIgPTm.png

Edited by Guest

Then you have a pretty large skirt distance set, with default Cura 2.3 settings i can use up to 11 skirt lines on the UMO+ and it still fits, i have to set the skirt distance to more than 6mm to make it not fit with 4 skirt lines.

Edited by Guest

Yes...set skirt to 1 and now it fits.

(I always do 4 so I can fine tune the platform if needed)

Then you have a pretty large skirt distance set, with default Cura 2.3 settings i can use up to 11 skirt lines on the UMO+ and it still fits, i have to set the skirt distance to more than 6mm to make it not fit with 4 skirt lines.

Default settings in 2.3 for skirt distance (actually I never touch it)