Achieve a resolution of 100 microns in xy

alexrp92

Posted · Achieve a resolution of 100 microns in xy

Hi everybody! I`m new in this field and I'm trying to make a piece with a resolution of 100 (or at least 150 microns) in the xy plane, I´m using CURA but I can't achieve this goal, Ithink that the problem is the parameters so someone can tell me which parameters I have to change and which values??

Thank you!!!

Hi @Alexrp92, thank you for your post and welcome to the forums!

The motors are capable of, I believe, 12micron, and the standard nozzle is 0.4mm nozzle.

So you would have to change your nozzle to a smaller nozzle if you want to print something at 100 micron in X and Y.

Why can't you achieve this goal so far? Have you made some test prints that did not come out well?

Thank you for the answer !

Yes, i did some test prints, but for example I tried to print a box with this dimensions: x=0.16 mm; y= 0.16mm; and z= 0.3. Just to now if this printer is capable to do that and the thing is that I saved in the SD card and later in the um2+ appears the message: there is no info in this file...

Hi @Alexrp92, thank you for your post and welcome to the forums!

The motors are capable of, I believe, 12micron, and the standard nozzle is 0.4mm nozzle.

So you would have to change your nozzle to a smaller nozzle if you want to print something at 100 micron in X and Y.

Why can't you achieve this goal so far? Have you made some test prints that did not come out well?

I think the selected dimensions are too small for Cura to interpret as a printable file?

Besides that, we are dealing with a plastic extrusion machine and I think this is too small to 3D print with any FDM machine.