Large parts don't fit

billdempsey

Posted · Large parts don't fit

The advertised print volume is 200mm minimum in every direction. Can anyone explain why 7mm is getting cut off the end of a 182mm long brace I'm printing? It looks like the print volume limitation is more like 175 cubed. I'm using Cura, btw. I also laid down a couple layers to verify the length that's being printed. It's about 175mm and it's missing the end. The blocks never hit the limit switches, btw. In fact, nothing is physically stopping it. I watched it carefully to verify. The printer just decides not to go any further and the connector on the end of my brace gets truncated.

Could it be the skirt (the outline printed around the object for priming) getting in the way? I think I remember that causing some issues for me a few months back when I was printing a very long piece. Or maybe it was just that it bumped into the end stops when printing the outline... I forget :p

Could it be the skirt (the outline printed around the object for priming) getting in the way? I think I remember that causing some issues for me a few months back when I was printing a very long piece. Or maybe it was just that it bumped into the end stops when printing the outline... I forget :p

Bingo! Thanks Robert. The skirt was set at 10. Which meant 20 length was added, total. The piece is 182, so that's 202. Apparently 200 is the cutoff. After changing the skirt to 5, I got it to lay down the entire part, but I think my print bed is warped at the edge. The filament sticks everywhere except the right edge of the platform. If I raise that side of the platform using the screws, then it grinds into the surface in the area just right of middle. I'm going to try orienting the part a different direction to see if I can get it to print.

EDIT: I turned the part so it was long front to back on the platform and it's printing perfectly.