Small annoying problem with xt cf 20 and corkfill

Csabanyujto

Posted (edited) · Small annoying problem with xt cf 20 and corkfill

Hey,

Trying to print a perfect phone case from colorfabb XT CF 20 and corkfill that required minimal post work.

Been trying for a while but always the same problem comes up.

The printer (UM2) leaves a little dots on the print and it takes a lot of time to remove + it makes the print a lot uglier after removes specially printing with corkfill.

For xt materiel tried a lot of combinations:

Nozzle: 0.6 mm (e3d hardened)

nozzle heat between: 250-260 C

Layer: 0.2 mm

Speed: 25-50 mm/s

Retreaction: on/off (extrusion distance from 6.5 till 15)

Fan: always 100% (except first layer)

Combing: all/ no skin/ off

Flow between: 100-105% (100% works well)

My hypothesis was that the nozzle touch the already printed parts when moving and that makes this problem, so tried to play with the bed level but still have the same problem.

Earlier @neotko told me that XT likes to stick to the nozzle and it leaves dots on the surface that mess up the whole print, I think he was talking about this.

Attached 2 pictured, circled with red so anybody can clearly see.

Edit: this problem always comes after the 2., 3. layers

5a33218ccd538_xtcfproblem.thumb.jpg.240e70510da35bfe09eb3c18b3c48145.jpg

5a33218c9bcb2_xtcf.thumb.JPG.e6e5dc48b3b1bac6032fbea602d8f864.JPG

5a33218ccd538_xtcfproblem.thumb.jpg.240e70510da35bfe09eb3c18b3c48145.jpg

5a33218c9bcb2_xtcf.thumb.JPG.e6e5dc48b3b1bac6032fbea602d8f864.JPG

Edited by Guest

Posted (edited) · Small annoying problem with xt cf 20 and corkfill

Not really what you want to hear but with my own experience of XT-CF20 that kind of is the way it is really... with such a detailed print as yours I think you are going to struggle to actually get it to print too much better than you have already achieved. I use XT-CF20 for big solid prints so the issues which you are having are far less evident and eliminated with post print sanding/working down.... I hope I'm wrong though... much luck.

P.S. You could try slowing it down even further and then compensating with extra material flow and retraction perhaps.

Edited by Guest

Posted · Small annoying problem with xt cf 20 and corkfill

Yeah you need to compensate the natural dripping. Probably playing with the new cura combing settings it might improve, but that requies a lot of tests to get it right for current temp/speed.

The print looks quite ok already. I think the spots younhave are mostly from travel moves. New cura has an option to travel without touching the object and some stuff that helps. On S3D I play with combing and wipe while retracting to remove most of the blobs. The nozzle material drag can to be a issue at 30mins-1h...

Anyway is good to check the gcode preview on each layer to view where + what is doing the marks.