Fleks3d Bed Upgrade

Posted · Fleks3d Bed Upgrade

Hi Community,

has anyone tried one of these?

http://www.fleks3d.com/

Seems like an good alternative to gluestick, if the adhesion is good enough.

They don't tell the material its made of, but i think it might be frostet PMMA, because PMMA is more scratch- and heat-resistant than other plastics..

Posted (edited) · Fleks3d Bed Upgrade

PMMA? Sounds neat. The I was about to try that one but since there no much info about using it on umo+ bed I choose to buy a geckotek plate, it will arrive next week. Also since there are soo many bed adhesives out there I wanted something that could be use to upgrade the bed, with the gecko thingy I might be able to remove bed clips and use the whole bed, also has magnets to place/remove.

Also there's something that hurts every time I see the plastic bend & twisted XD

Edited by Guest

The geckotek looks good, too. What do you think it is made of? First I thought it was brushed aluminium, but since it is magnetic, it could be a brushed stainless steel, but with ferromagnetic characteristics.

No idea :O in a week or so when it arrives I'll check more. Maybe it's a metallic stuff covered with some plastic at hightemps? One thing that gives me more confidence is that they offer teo different platea for different materials, so at least isn't like others that say that their stuff works for everything.

I know this is an old thread, but can anyone tell me how to get the FLEKS3D printing plate to work successfully on my Ultimaker 3?  I use their glass “pucks” for leveling with the heated nozzles, but my first layer(s) embed themselves into the PMMA material, thus making the printed part impossible to remove without damaging it.  I emailed the co-creator of FLEKS3D and he was not able offer advice as he hasn’t used a UM3 — yet they sell a plate specifically for the UM3.  Any advice will be greatly appreciated.