Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
LesHall

where to get Cura profiles?

Hi everyone!

So somehow some tricksy gremelins, most likely the local kids out pranking, somehow managed to dork up my profiles to the point that I can't print anything. There is only one profile - fast print and it's fubar! Ha ha very funny!

This has been going on for quite a while and I'm really tired of it. Reinstalling Cura does not change my profiles at all So what can I do? Where to I get a clean profile to Import?

Thanks in advance!

Les

If you want to reinstall Cura and start over from scratch with a clear set of profiles, try deleting the following folder (or at least renaming/moving it):

C:\Users\YourUsername\AppData\Local\cura

That's were all the customized stuff is stored.

Edited by Guest

yes, well put - it should cover it, however in the new beta release, Cura apparently no longer uses the .cura hidden folder in my home directory.

The reason I state that is I did delete that folder and it's contents prior to installing Cura and it never came back. For example:

Last login: Thu Sep 22 00:51:27 on console

Less-MacBook-Pro:~ leshall$ ls .cura

ls: .cura: No such file or directory

Less-MacBook-Pro:~ leshall$

So yeah, it's different now somehow...

Les

yes, well put - it should cover it, however in the new beta release, Cura apparently no longer uses the .cura hidden folder in my home directory.  

The reason I state that is I did delete that folder and it's contents prior to installing Cura and it never came back.  For example:  

Last login: Thu Sep 22 00:51:27 on console

Less-MacBook-Pro:~ leshall$ ls .cura

ls: .cura: No such file or directory

Less-MacBook-Pro:~ leshall$

So yeah, it's different now somehow...

Les

I wrote a ticket that they were using a non-standard location for that folder on macOS in 2.x (it was correct in 15.04) and it has been implemented.

So the new location should be (with reservation for the last folder as I cannot check it right now):

~/Library/Application Support/cura/

But according to the implementation it should also look in the old location (the one you deleted/added). So that change does not explain why it is not working for you :(

Hot Dog! That did the trick. There was a folder called ~/LIbrary/Application Support/cura on the drive and I saved it's contents to an adjacent folder called cura_old, deleted the contents of the cura folder, then removed the existing Cura.app in the /Applications folder, emptied the trash, then reinstalled Cura 2.3 beta. It took longer to install, so it was doing something good, then it started up and I have three clean profiles plus the mysterious Y offset appears to be gone!

Cura is live and in-action again! Maybe the keepers of the help would like to update their help instructions? Any way, thank you all for your help! My new saying, especially for people who ask me what printer to buy, is "A printer is only as good as the community behing it.". Well done (no, medium rare).

Les

• Like 1