Migrate cura 15x profile to cura 2x

elstak

Posted · Migrate cura 15x profile to cura 2x

Hi all, i try to configure cure also for my gmax clone, i have the profile (single and dual) for the 15x but i want to use the 2x .

There is a way to migrate the printer profile? or there is a tutorial to create a new one? i try to do it myself by looking both profile sintax and file, i also try to use a guide to make a dual profile for a prusa i3 (same design of mine) .... fail...

thanks

There is a legacy profile importer. It should get you quite far, but there is no complete 1-1 mapping that works in all cases.

In the profile preferences menu you can import legacy (*.ini) profiles.

Printer profiles can't be imported. You need to change those by hand. They are too fundamentally different to have a conversion script.

The zip file error has been fixed for the release (2.3 is still a beta)

The zip file error has been fixed for the release (2.3 is still a beta)

Is there and ETA on the next release?? :)

ok so exist a tutorial or some documentation to learn how to do that?

Is there an ETA on the next release?? :)

We've been in "string freeze" for a little while now. That is the phase of development where all the strings in the application have been sent to a translation agency, so we cannot change or add strings (which means we cannot add or change features, etc). The last couple of blocking bugs are being fixed. That means we're close, very close to a 2.3 release. We can't say much more than that.

ok so exist a tutorial or some documentation to learn how to do that?

For 2.1.x, look here: https://github.com/Ultimaker/Cura/#making-profiles-for-other-printers

For 2.3, select the Custom FDM Printer when adding a printer. It will give you a window where you can enter the most important values for your printer.