Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
AcinonyxJubatus

Problem printing UM2+

So I'm having a problem printing one material. I'm printing in colorfabbs XT carbon fibre varient. Using a steel nozzle and slicing with simplify3D and no matter what I try I get infill problems. The infill is like thin whisps. The base layers come out looking beautiful and the only two things that have changed since I introduced this material is the fact I changed the nozzle and the material.

Please help I've been trying for days and no luck thank you for any input :)

XT-CF20 is very stiff and a bit hard to feed, be sure to increase the tension on your feeder to max and change the printing speeds to make all speeds similar to the layers you manage to print with good results.

The steel nozzle also reduces your max print speed because of its much worse thermal properties than brass, the best nozzles for printing CF20 is the Ruby tipped nozzles that Anders Olsson has been developing which are going to be released soon. (they are great, @neotko has printed many kilos of CF20 with it without damage to the nozzle, and very good printing performance!)

Edited by Guest
  • Like 1