Serious Bug in Ultimate software?

Snipper

Posted (edited) · Serious Bug in Ultimate software?

Is the following behavior of the Ultimate software (firmware) a Bug or my fault?

I had an sd-card in my Ultimate 2+,  which was printing from this card.

My UM is, by usb, connected to my computer which was not running.

By starting my computer the running UM restarted, interrupting and thereby ruining my print (the print process could not be resumed so I could throw away 5 hours printing).

This turned out to be a structural behavior of my Computer- UM combination.

Can anyone explain this or suggest a workaround?

(Other than disconnecting the UM before starting a print?)

PS

This turned out to be a structural behavior of my Computer- UM combination after restarting COMPUTER AND CURA

Edited by Guest

Posted · Serious Bug in Ultimate software?

Is the following behavior of the Ultimate software (firmware) a Bug or my fault?

AFAIK neither ... nor - it's the intended behavior.

The new Cura automatically connects to the printer, if it is wired via usb. And the Arduino board resets itself as soon as it detects a serial connection.

You don't need the usb connection if you print from sd card. The solution is indeed: remove the cable.