Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
kitusmark

Cura 2.3 json profiles not working anymore?

Hi!

New Cura 2.3 looks awesome but I have found an issue.

I used to have some printers configured via json files and now with the new 2.3 version Cura doesn't recognise them .

I put the .json files under C:\Program Files\Cura 2.3\resources\definitions

and the .stl files for the platforms under C:\Program Files\Cura 2.3\resources\meshes

Any ideas?? Am I doing something wrong?

thanks in advance!

If you want your custom machine files to keep working, submit them to github and we will incorporate them in Cura so that we will update them whenever we have to change the json file format.

I will be forking Cura and try to make a pull request so the printers can be accesible directly from the main source. Any suggestions?

BTW, I'm from BCN3D Technologies so we'd like to add all of our machines to Cura 2.X so make it compatible. Cura rocks

I will be forking Cura and try to make a pull request so the printers can be accesible directly from the main source. Any suggestions?

I've sent you my direct contact info so you can ask me questions if you have any more.

As for machines not being recognised; The logs are your friend. We log pretty much everything that goes wrong with loading machine definitions (because it's so fundamental for Cura 2.x). Another thing is installing the "god-mode" plugin, which enables you to look into the "raw" loaded profiles / definitions. You can find it at https://github.com/sedwards2009/cura-god-mode-plugin/

I've sent you my direct contact info so you can ask me questions if you have any more.

As for machines not being recognised; The logs are your friend. We log pretty much everything that goes wrong with loading machine definitions (because it's so fundamental for Cura 2.x). Another thing is installing the "god-mode" plugin, which enables you to look into the "raw" loaded profiles / definitions. You can find it at https://github.com/sedwards2009/cura-god-mode-plugin/

I've installed God-Mode plugin and checked the log file.

It says a couple of things:

• Could not deserialize containter bcn3d_sigma

• Tried to get the extruder trains for machine bcn3d, wich doesn't exist

• Removed container bcn3d

Maybe I'm doing something wrong with the parameters file. Is there any template I can use?

Thanks in advance

Hello nallath,

I too am getting similar errors and the log says

"Could not determine container type for file"

Would you be willing to be a point of contact to have our machine added to Cura?