Bultimaker is destroying Arduino on Ultimaker ??? Second motherboard damaged by firmware from this site

carmamir

Posted · Bultimaker is destroying Arduino on Ultimaker ??? Second motherboard damaged by firmware from this site

Does any one using https://bultimaker.bulles.eu/ ???

I have found it on Google.

First firmware was done few days ago. After I've uploaded this firmware for Ultimaker basically I cannot connect with Ultimaker any more (however Arduino can read SN, but cannot upload anything, same with Cura (timeout)).

I have decided to install another Arduino motherboard... As previously I have used 225000 as baud rate, I have select 115200 this time...

Guess what... ANOTHER MOTHERBOARD DESTROYED !!!

Timeout every time, doesn't mattery Cura/Arduino, laptop, Surface Pro, desktop, Windows 10, 7...

I can read SN on Arduino but I cannot upload anything any more !

It looks like something is not right as 2 boards were destroyed without any obvious reason !

BEWARE !

Unless someone has other explanation ? (only firmware from this sites bricks Arduino board beyond any repair)

Posted · Bultimaker is destroying Arduino on Ultimaker ??? Second motherboard damaged by firmware from this site

You made your own custom UMO firmware using @amedee firmware builder and it didn't work. Ok, what did you changed and what board you where using.

When you say 'second board'. It was an official ultimaker 1.5.x board or something else?

Details please. Also, as long as you don't change any setting the firmware build is just like the official for UMO or UMO+ boards.

Where you using a official/real/notclone board?

You made your own custom UMO firmware using @amedee firmware builder and it didn't work. Ok, what did you changed and what board you where using.

When you say 'second board'. It was an official ultimaker 1.5.x board or something else?

Details please. Also, as long as you don't change any setting the firmware build is just like the official for UMO or UMO+ boards.

Only sensor to 104GT, and baud rate to 115200.

Nothing else.

First unresponsive board was to 104GT and sensor for heated bed + 225000 baud rate (I thought that baud rate caused that I cannot upload firmware either through Cura or Arduino IDE).

I mean Arduino Mega 2560 (pretty much regular arduino board).

After disconnecting original Arduino Mega board I wasn't able to upload anything (timeout) Cura / Arduino IDE.

Same happened with second board (original Arduino Mega 2560).

I have uploaded other firmware (Cura/Arduino IDE) before this one and had no issues.

After I've uploaded a firmware from this site for Ultimaker, Arduino Mega is dead, unresponsive and can't install any firmware (even just few lines of random code, just to clean it out)

Well that firmware builder is for Ultimaker Original Boards 1.5.7 or Ultimaker Original Plus 2.1.2/2.1.4

Is not surprising that it doesn't just work on other boards.

This is very strange, my builder is very popular and I haven't seen any issue so far, and I haven't changed anything in the 'stable version' since more than 6 months...

I have myself both an UMO and an UMO+ and use the builder for my machines.

The only thing that will give problem is flashing an UMO firmware on an UMO+ or the opposite.

If the board does not respond anymore you will have to re-flash a boot loader using the ISP connector.

BTW, can you confirm it is an arduino board from arduino.cc, and not one from arduino.org?

• Like 1

Well that firmware builder is for Ultimaker Original Boards 1.5.7 or Ultimaker Original Plus 2.1.2/2.1.4

Is not surprising that it doesn't just work on other boards.

Why do you think that I have older board ???

This is very strange, my builder is very popular and I haven't seen any issue so far, and I haven't changed anything in the 'stable version' since more than 6 months...

I have myself both an UMO and an UMO+ and use the builder for my machines.

The only thing that will give problem is flashing an UMO firmware on an UMO+ or the opposite.

If the board does not respond anymore you will have to re-flash a boot loader using the ISP connector.

BTW, can you confirm it is an arduino board from arduino.cc, and not one from arduino.org?

I can send you the files that I have generated.

I have no idea where the original board from Ultimaker is coming from (I have boards from both shops).

My spare board was bricked the same way that original Ultimaker.

I have of course generated firmware for UMO (generated second file for second board checking it extra carefully).

I don't see how you can brick an Arduino with that...

The code is compiled with the official Arduino SDK, and even with wrong options it should run.

If you upload the firmware somewhere, I am happy to have a look at it...

(It won't be before next week, I am not at home right now)

I've got the same problem.... I made a firmware with 104gt for ext0 and 100k epcos for bed and now i cant connect to 3d printer with any tool and can't update the firmware...

Posted (edited) · Bultimaker is destroying Arduino on Ultimaker ??? Second motherboard damaged by firmware from this site

Same answer as above, if you provide me with what you installed I can have a look at it...

I double checked the server and there isn't anything wrong there, it is still building valid firmwares.

Note that the builder gives you an md5 hash for the firmware you build, you should always check that your download is not corrupted by checking the hash on your computer.

Edited by Guest

Same answer as above, if you provide me with what you installed I can have a look at it...

I double checked the server and there isn't anything wrong there, it is still building valid firmwares.

Note that the builder gives you an md5 hash for the firmware you build, you should always check that your download is not corrupted by checking the hash on your computer.

This is build that i installed. It worked for about 30 seconds. Then arduino became warm and now i cant upload nothing to it. this is build that i installed. http://dropmefiles.com/vUGUW

Only sensor to 104GT, and baud rate to 115200.

Nothing else.

First unresponsive board was to 104GT and sensor for heated bed + 225000 baud rate (I thought that baud rate caused that I cannot upload firmware either through Cura or Arduino IDE).

I mean Arduino Mega 2560 (pretty much regular arduino board).

After disconnecting original Arduino Mega board I wasn't able to upload anything (timeout) Cura / Arduino IDE.

Same happened with second board (original Arduino Mega 2560).

I have uploaded other firmware (Cura/Arduino IDE) before this one and had no issues.

After I've uploaded a firmware from this site for Ultimaker, Arduino Mega is dead, unresponsive and can't install any firmware (even just few lines of random code, just to clean it out)

I got the same problem, but i found the solution!

1) take the arduino off the ultimaker pcb

2) turn off usb from arduino

3) take jumper and place it on the right (lighted it) arduinomega2650front-600x335.jpg

4) open arduino with ready to upload scheme

5) connect arduino to usb and upload firmware as fast as you can

if fails try to hold reset button and turn off and turn on the jumper ( with usb )

At 3rd attempt my arduino work nice now!

• Like 1

I've got the same problem.... I made a firmware with 104gt for ext0 and 100k epcos for bed and now i cant connect to 3d printer with any tool and can't update the firmware...

This is build that i installed.

You changed something else than just "104gt for ext0 and 100k epcos for bed", the firmware you posted does not match these settings.

It worked for about 30 seconds. Then arduino became warm and now i cant upload nothing to it.

Well if it worked 30 seconds, it means that the build generated valid Arduino code, so the builder itself is not broken.

It remains 2 possibilities:

1. Marlin is broken for your selection. I am skeptical, but there is always a possibility. However I can't investigate that until I know exactly which options have been used in the builder

2. There is something wrong with your hardware setup (obviously neither the hotend nor the bed are standard Ultimaker components and they both require changes to your electronics)

• Like 1

This is build that i installed.

You changed something else than just "104gt for ext0 and 100k epcos for bed", the firmware you posted does not match these settings.

It worked for about 30 seconds. Then arduino became warm and now i cant upload nothing to it.

Well if it worked 30 seconds, it means that the build generated valid Arduino code, so the builder itself is not broken.

It remains 2 possibilities:

1. Marlin is broken for your selection. I am skeptical, but there is always a possibility. However I can't investigate that until I know exactly which options have been used in the builder

2. There is something wrong with your hardware setup (obviously neither the hotend nor the bed are standard Ultimaker components and they both require changes to your electronics)

1 more thing i ve chosen was 500ms pwm. Right now i couldn't receive my arduino and made this setting 200ms, now everything works find.