Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
makingzone

Start and End script

I've got a question about how the primming before print is done with the new Cura 2.3

I had an Ultimaker original with dual extrusion kit, and during this time with Cura 1.15, I was able to create a start and end script for single extrusion (wich primed only the first nozzle), and an alternative script for dual extrusion (wich primed the both extruders).

How does it work with Cura 2.3 ?

I saw that we are able to write a Start and End script, but what we have to do ? Prime the both ? Prime without T0 or T1 instruction a startup ?

I don't know. Could you help me please ?

Thanks

up ?

I've got another question. I used the "ultimaker original + dual extrusion" start script. Which one which prime the second head then retract it to finally prime the first head (without retraction because of this head will be used immediatly).

With Cura 1.15 it was perfect, because just before using the 2nd head, Cura generate the command G91 E0 to extrude the same amount it was retract in the start script.

But in Cura 2, this command is missing ! So the filament stay retract and nothing is print before long long seconds. Could you tell me why this command was deleted.

There are maybe a lots of good reasons, but in that case, could you tell me what is the best pratice with my dual extrusion printer (or with Ultimaker 3, because I think it's the same) to prime the both heads automatically ? and prime only the first head (or 2nd head) with a single extrusion print ?

Thanks

I don't know. The dual extrusion script never got a whole lot of love from us (I have to admit i'd be hard pressed to find a working UMO dual extrusion in the office)

Come over and I show you :-) (ok, not perfect, but working... more or less...)