Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts

Cura 2.3 doesn't recognize UM3 Extended build volume... off by 40%!

rfloren

Posted · Cura 2.3 doesn't recognize UM3 Extended build volume... off by 40%!

The Ultimaker 3 Extended build volume is supposed to be 215x215x300mm but Cura 2.3 gives an error message that the model is too large and won't slice a model any larger than 161x161x219mm (6x6x8 inches). This is off by 40% !!

Does anyone have a work around or have the solution?

Posted · Cura 2.3 doesn't recognize UM3 Extended build volume... off by 40%!

Under "Buildplate adhesion", make sure you select Brim for the adhesion type, and set Brim Width to 0.

The maximum size I can resize an object to with that setting on a UM3 is 191.89 * 207.89 * 299.99 mm. This is fairly close to the advertised build volume for dual extrusion prints. Cura currently cannot create single-extrusion prints that take advantage of the additional space in the x-direction, but I am fairly sure a future update will.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Our picks

• Ultimaker showcase | April 2022 | 4pm CEST | 10am EDT
        I'm excited because I've personally produced this showcase event, so if you are curious what else I'm up to nowadays, come check it out and say hi in the chat! It would mean a lot! 
          • Thanks
        • 4 replies
      • New here? Get ahead with a free onboarding course
        Hi,

Often getting started is the most difficult part of any process. A good start sets you up for success and saves you time and energy that could be spent elsewhere. That is why we have a onboarding course ready for
        Ultimaker S5 Pro Bundle, Ultimaker S5, Ultimaker S3 Ultimaker 2+ Connect.   
        They're ready for you on the Ultimaker Academy platform. All you need to do to gain access is to register your product to gain free access. 
        Ready? Register your product here in just 60 seconds.
        • 11 replies