Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
LePaul

Problems using Ultimaker PLA profile with model

Ok guys, a laundry list of problems I am running into...

1) I have a model that fits fine with PLA. However since it is Ultimaker brand PLA, I thought I would use Ultimaker -> PLA -> Metallic Silver setting. Now the model is greyed out. Why??

2) I do not understand for the life of me why the nozzle temp and bed temp is not a controllable variable in Cura, as it always has been.

3) When rotating a model, then clicking to turn rotation mode off, is there a way to have the default clicks go back to MOVE? Having to continue to click back on the sidebar menu is annoying

I'm trying hard to like the new version and allowing the software to chose most of the default options for me (aides fill, top/bottom thickness, etc).

It has to be something about insisting on brim....despite choosing Skirt and 1 line, it still greys out the model

Here's how I have  it set using "PLA"   If I use Ultimaker -> PLA -> Metallic Silver I can't adjust the brim/skirt properly to stay on the bed (fit the bed)

I suspect the 'profile' hides the skirt line count, which I need to set to 1. Despite being enabled in PLA, I can't edit it with the Ultimaker PLA

skirt.thumb.JPG.32f27267d6d5c39cd4240f61e29289c7.JPG

skirt.thumb.JPG.32f27267d6d5c39cd4240f61e29289c7.JPG

Edited by Guest

Option three was actually something that a lot of people requested in 2.1 (remember last used tool). We got a lot of complaints, especially when using per-object settings that misclicking would cause translation tool to be selected.

I've added a feature request to make it a preference (For our reference; Cura-2843)