Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Wisar

Ultimaker 3 Front Panel Display Died Today

I have a support ticket open with 3DGBIRE as I suspect this is a hardware failure but wanted to ask for advice here as well since my brand new printer is a bit dead to me now.

This morning the display had a dark corner and by this afternoon the entire display was dark to the point of being unreadable. IMG_6057.thumb.jpg.310142e0a48274baedd6c87252315087.jpg The picture does not do it justice as it is more readable than to the naked eye.

Any recommendations other than a new part?

Thanks,

Will

IMG_6057.thumb.jpg.310142e0a48274baedd6c87252315087.jpg

I had the same issue with my UM2+ a few weeks ago. Except my display was not blurried out, it had mass artifacts on the display. (full of mini blue squares)

I thought "omg now I need to get my printer in the car and drive to the reseller and wait a few weeks before I'll have it back"

But I reinstalled the most recent firmware with Cura and my problem was solved.

Maybe you can try that?

Edited by Guest

Maybe you can try that?

It was worth a shot...but no go. :-( Thanks for the suggestion though. The ironic thing is that the display would be just readable if I could turn off the LEDs...but they are so bright they wash out what little backlight the control panel is emitting.

Maybe you can try that?

It was worth a shot...but no go.  :-(  Thanks for the suggestion though.  The ironic thing is that the display would be just readable if I could turn off the LEDs...but they are so bright they wash out what little backlight the control panel is emitting.

damn... I hope your reseller gives you a proper solution very soon. :)

Being swapped out tomorrow!  Reseller very cooperative (3DGBIRE).  Probably helped that it had the good graces to die so quickly.

Well, if this happens after half a year, I'd expect the same kind of response. Those screens should last you quite a while. We still have a load of old (2+ year old) um2's which are still working just fine.

Being swapped out tomorrow!  Reseller very cooperative (3DGBIRE).  Probably helped that it had the good graces to die so quickly.

Awesome, fast response and good service. Will you go by with your Ultimaker 3 or will you receive a new screen by the mail and install it yourself?

I hope it was not Dorothy who went temporarily blind?

Did you also mention with your reseller that you did not get the NFC chip to work?

It was Dorothy that went down! They drop shipped me a new unit and it is working find. NFC has not been an issue though the reader seems sensitive to the location of the reel on the holder. Dorothy had an issue creating a hot spot the new machine did that just fine. Did my first customer order with PVA support on her today. Parts were glamorous.

• Like 1

It was Dorothy that went down!  They drop shipped me a new unit and it is working find.  NFC has not been an issue though the reader seems sensitive to the location of the reel on the holder.   Dorothy had an issue creating a hot spot the new machine did that just fine.  Did my first customer order with PVA support on her today.  Parts were glamorous.

Good to hear it is all working fine, and congratulation on the first customer order!

Anything you can share, on what you are making?

Congratulations on the first order-print! :)