Help clean a SERIOUS clog

SarahPWallace15

Posted · Help clean a SERIOUS clog

Hi Friends,

My ultimaker 2 was printing a job that it had already done without any issues and messed up. The melted filament seems to have backed up around the nozzle mechanism INSIDE the print head. I've tried turning up the nozzle temp all the way up to 260 and let as much of the filament melt away as possible. I've been able to clear away some of it with needle nose pliers but now I'm stuck. The dried glob of filament fills up the entire area beneath the fan and isn't melted from the nozzle heat. The glob also goes around the white strings hanging to the print head. I've attached a few photos.

Can anyone give me some tips on how I can get this glob cleaned out?! Thanks!

IMG_9950.thumb.JPG.586c17ccacf763ff041efc5beba0ebee.JPG

IMG_7241.thumb.JPG.c5a680f115af86b8b76e26312e0acb11.JPG

IMG_9950.thumb.JPG.586c17ccacf763ff041efc5beba0ebee.JPG

IMG_7241.thumb.JPG.c5a680f115af86b8b76e26312e0acb11.JPG

Posted · Help clean a SERIOUS clog

And next time (well lets hope there wont be a next time...) don't take apart the hole head but just take out the 4 screws holding the metal fanmount and take off the fanmount only. I usually use a bent paperclip to hang it out of the way on the Y axis.