Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
SandervG

Ultimaker Sessions 28th of November | Ultimaker 3 Explained

I don't think there has been a way to go around the news... the Ultimaker 3 made its appearance!

Ultimaker HQ launched the Ultimaker 3 in

, and alongside there were 17 local launches in collaboration with our partners! It was a big and memorable day for us full with celebrations.

But there is a chance you could not make it to one of these launch events and you haven't had a chance to see the Ultimaker 3 in real life yet. That is about to change! During the next Ultimaker Session we want to introduce you to the newest member in our family, the Ultimaker 3, and give you the chance to see it in action. With this new 3D printer comes a lot more than what you would expect at first sight, and even Cura has been improved with a ton of new features. Getting curious already?

Do you want to know more about the Ultimaker 3 new features after seeing

? Make sure to come by the new Ultimaker Session and we'll tell you all about the possibilities that are made accessible in 3D printing.

3 of our pro support engineers will be happy to tell you more about:

- The Ultimaker 3, what are the new features.

- Cura, how to slice for dual extrusion.

- PVA, what to keep in mind and how to dissolve it in water.

Date: 28 - 11 - 2016

PROGRAM

17.00 - 18.00 Arrival. You can also order food (10 euro pp, cash or card)

18.30 - 20.00 Ultimaker 3 explained.

20.00 - 21.00 Hang around and have a chat!

We'd appreciate it if you would RSVP using Meetup:

http://ultim.kr/2eXGeE1

Though I'm interested in seeing the the UM3 in action, the time (and now my student OV is no longer valid also costs) investment makes it a little less practical to stop by. Budget doesn't allow an UM3 any time soon anyway, and most features are self explanatory if you are not looking into getting one.

I would be interested to see if the build plate(lighter and more stiff) can be fitted to an UMO with HBK, as that one wobbles quite a lot. Also the fans are a continuously interesting development(moaaar air, moaar cool, faaaaaster and prettier prints!).

Perhaps another time! ;)

ahh too bad! Well, I believe you have carpooled before. Maybe if you can find the time you will be able to find your way to Protospace. Otherwise, I would be happy to see you again next time!

(Cura has a lot of interesting new features too. Quite some apply to the Ultimaker 3 / dual, but not all. That would still be interesting for you I think.)