Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Thomllama

Cura 2.3.1 and to many retractions

Hi Thomllama, could you share a screenshot of what settings you have enabled for retraction? Does this happen all the time, or just with this specific model?

It can be that your mesh has a lot of vertices at some locations in your mesh.

As a quick fix, you could run it through an online repair tool and see if that changes anything.

Good luck!

• Like 1

IMG_3098.thumb.jpg.cd2cd80381ee8064a55a2ee442dc0af1.jpg

Hi Thomllama, could you share a screenshot of what settings you have enabled for retraction? Does this happen all the time, or just with this specific model?

It can be that your mesh has a lot of vertices at some locations in your mesh.

As a quick fix, you could run it through an online repair tool and see if that changes anything.

Good luck!

I would, but I actually deleted Cura 2.3. gone back to 1x.x.x cuz it just works.. I do like 2. better for options being all in one list instead of 3 locations ( basic one, advanced 2 and expert in a 3rd location/window)  

but retraction setting were all stock.. near changed a thing..

It does do it to every model I slice in 2.3  -      it's a pretty simple model right out of Fusion 360.. which again.. older Cura has zero issues with.  nothing is broken in the file as the Mac's viewer shows it fine (Mac's will black out an STL with issue when you view it in Preview)

the one in front is Cura 15.x.x. the one in the back with the lines missing here and there are Cura 2.3

Netfabb no longer works as the got bought out or some such thing.. never figured it out anyway.

Edited by Guest
added image