Object not Printing due to missing layers.

Russianbrain305

Posted · Object not Printing due to missing layers.

Probably these are very very thin. To verify that's the problem, try setting the line width to say 0.1mm (not layer height - line width). If now it prints everything then that was the problem. If it still won't print then maybe your parts are not solid which is a common problem if you use sketchup. xray view shows problems with non-solids e.g. a wall floating in air with no thickness - as red.

But if these are very thin objects as I suspect then... why? They look like rocks - why can't you let cura decide if it should be hollow inside - why does the model have dual walls?

The option might be hidden by default. Click on the gear icon or go to Preferences to unhide it.

When there are missing layers, it usually indicates that the design has errors. I would suggest you run it through a repair service such as https://makeprintable.com/ to automatically fix those errors.

What reemaj3D says is true and might be the cause but in this case I think it is more likely your part is simply too thin. The walls need to be at least 2X of the line width.

That was a screen shot of cura 2.3.1. You have to play around more with cura. There are features all over the place (left side of screen, right side, gears, menu system). It's good to learn your way around cura before using it to slice something.

• Like 1

thank you all. i decided to not print it. i changed it to something else. however, all the advice you guys gave me did not go to waste. i used the tips and advice for another project and it came out great. thanks.