inbalcz

where is the split part function in cura 3.2.1??

Posted · where is the split part function in cura 3.2.1??

Im importing an stl file, multi part.

can't find the split part function in the new cura. :(

• Like 1

That's because it's not there. STL doesn't support multi objects in a single file. Other formats like 3MF and OBJ should support it correctly.

The feature was never ported from the old cura to the new, mostly because it was insanely slow.

That is actually one of the features from the old cura that i do miss a bit... even if it was slow. ;)

I miss it too. It is not used often, but it was perfect when I needed it. Now I have to do something harder in a different tool.

One simple case I ran across was on Thingiverse where someone created a multipart object, and trying to be helpful, they only shared whole plate multi object files. But I wanted to split it up and print fewer parts at a time.

Oh and the 30 minute cube that came on the SD card of UM2, I have split that one as well (.amf) so that I could print 2 or 3 cube's worth of parts at once.

Anyway, it's a useful function, even if it is slow. I would be nice if the new Cura (eventually), had all the same capabilities of the old one.

That's just my vote, however. :)

• Like 1