Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
DaHai8

A Star is Born

No, not Babs.

You know how when you change a setting in your Profile, it puts a 'Star' by its name in the Profile Drop-Down? (I'm talking Cura 2.x.x.x.x.x.x.... here. No, really, that's what it does. Honest.....

Anywho.

I do that a lot (change settings in my 'Master' profile. Then goof around and do some other things only to come back days, or hours, minutes, or even Seconds later (yes, I have a short-term memory issue)...

Hmmm....what was I talking about???

Oh, yeah! That Star!

So, I forget what I changed and I have to open and scroll through each setting to find what I made different (one of this things is just not the same...) and set it back.

Well, hell, that could take seconds! Or even Minutes!! OMG!! Time is precious and I could go at any minute! (Probably not, but you never know when that plane it going to crash into your house like on The World According to Garp (just saying..))

So it would be like, ya-know, really cool(ish) if Cura magically put an 'Star" next to the Top-Level setting name (Quality, Shell, Infill, etc.etc.etc.yada yada yada...) where that hidden change... 'hides' ...so you could quickly find it and set it back before it mutates into some super interstellar mutant virus from space!

Earth would be saved as with all humanity! You would be Gods! (Or Legends ... of Tomorrow)

Ok, back to my Benadryl and Whisky...

Tata...

P.S. Oh Geez! I just noticed I've been on this Board for a Whole Year!! (Got my 1 Year Trophy) That went fast...look at all my WRINKLES!!!

Probably time to shave...

Edited by Guest

My hair turned a shade lighter gray just reading your forum post ;-) Lots of words for a simple question.

The star indicates that you made changes to the settings, so the current settings don't fully reflect the settings stored in the profile.

and than?

Remember in which category(s) the setting(s) in question is(are), close the profile manager, open the category(s) ...

wouldn't it be nice if a "star" (or whatsoever) in the category headlines indicates "ey man here are changes" ??? 8)