Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
schafe

Colorfabb corkfill help please

Hey!!

Here is what I know does not work: Olsson nozzle assy at .4mm, various nozzle temps and a maximum extrusion rate of 60mm/sec for the infill. 5 failures using these settings. The most frustrating one was at hour 18 out of 20. All of the failures were a plugged nozzle.

Before coming to work I put the original Ultimaker nozzle back on. I resliced the print so the speed was not higher than 45mm/sec. I started it again at 210C and 55C with a fast retraction speed. These new settings came from the colorfabb web site. My wife told me it failed. It seems the very first layers did not get built properly and I made spaghetti.

So, has anyone had good results with corkfill and how did you do it?

Thanks

I printed quite a few times with corkfill, no issues at all but yes .6 nozzle is mandatory (i'll never print wood filled filaments with a .4 nozzle, i still remember that clog i had on the UM2 original nozzle!).

Basic settings for PLA should work, 210 - 215°c, 30mm/s - 50mm/s, as long as you use a bigger nozzle it should work.

Love the chocolate look of corkfill by the way

Thanks for the help. I knew I would get good advice once Europe got out of bed.

I switched to the Olsson block and a .6mm nozzle, resliced and started the print. We will see in a few hours what result I get.

A bigger nozzle makes sense. I was always getting a plugged nozzle.