Ultimaker Original Heat Bed Kit?

Posted · Ultimaker Original Heat Bed Kit?

Hi all,

So apparently UM have discontinued this at the moment. So questions:

Does anyone have one they would like to sell?

Can anyone recommend a 3rd party option?

A very helpful gentleman is looking to see if it's possible to put it together out of spare bits so the above two are plans C and D respectively.

Thanks all!

Posted (edited) · Ultimaker Original Heat Bed Kit?

Hi Loki,

iGo3D in Germany still sells these kits as long as their stock lasts. They do have a lead time of 3-4 weeks at this moment.

https://www.igo3d.com/de/ultimaker-original-heated-bed-upgrade-kit.html

If you want to upgrade your stock Ultimaker Original to a + you would need the heated bed assembly and the Ultimaker 2 mainboard (quite expensive). Or source the parts in the kit. To make it work on the Ultimaker Original mainboard you need the Heated bed PCB. Since this is an Original part I am not sure if this is easy obtainable.

Just in case you haven't found it yet, you can view the Build Of Materials of the heated bed upgrade kit on the Github page : https://github.com/Ultimaker/HeatedBedUpgrade

Good luck!

Edited by Guest

Hi guys,

thanks for the responses.

I'm located in the UK. What i've found from the resellers is that even when their websites say that this is in stock that is not in fact the case - they've been planning to order this as and when and are mostly unaware that ultimaker discontinued this last year.

I've sent a mail to Igo3d to see if they have a unit left - thanks for the link!

Yeah tbh if i could get hold of the Heated bed electronics that came with the kit the rest of it is fairly straight forward! At the moment I have a hacky solution in place but would much rather shift that over to a different machine and keep an upgraded UMo as the 'fun' machine.

Hi Loki,

It is unfortunate that some resellers don't always have their site up to date.

A while back it has been communicated to the resellers and on the website that Ultimaker has discontinued the Ultimaker Original and all upgrades for it. Parts that are UMO only should be still available for the next 5 years or so.

As for the upgrades, this stock has been distributed over all the resellers. As soon as they are all out that's the end of the story. Non can be ordered anymore since the product pack now no longer exists. I hope iGo has one for you!

iGO didn't have the kit itself but did come back with a custom solution - very quickly - which was a really nice bit of customer service!

3DGBIRE also came back with a solution, also very helpful.

However Makershop tell me they do have a kit in stock so i've ordered this.

• Like 2

Ok, this arrived - installation was pretty straight forward for the most part.

3 'missing' bits (the two wooden cover end parts and the wooden electronics cover) - have 3 extra internal upright wooden spacers instead - think the quality control chap might have been having a bad day "hey there are 5 wood bits! Ship it!" Hey ho never mind.

First print after i've finished fitting a pt100 sensor to the hot end.

Once again thanks to the various community member who helped out with this!

Posted (edited) · Ultimaker Original Heat Bed Kit?

So far i've not been able to find one. I had some mail communication with a webshop who said they could deliver, ordered the kit and payed. But got my money refunded a week later, because they couldn't deliver..

Too bad i just got my original last week, so i was a bit late to the party. If anyone has a lead for me that would be greatly appreciated.

I could self source but the problem will be the ultimaker PCB addon for the 1.5.7 control board. I don't want to get a 2nd power supply / use 2 powerplugs for 1 printer. So my only option is the 2.1.4 board (genuine/clone) or maybe a rumba board i guess?

Edit: might have found one at igo3d.com, had mail contact and placed the order. Hope i dont run into the same problem as before (and get the order canceled).

Edited by Guest