UMO + won't start after firmware update

ralph80

Posted · UMO + won't start after firmware update

Hello,

It has been a while sinds iv'e been printing. I installed the latest version of cura 2.3 and ran all the tests. My UMO works perfectly. I thought lets do a firmware update. After the update the controller has a blank screen and the UMO won't start or heat up anymore. I have tried to use older versions of cura but noothing seems to work. Has anyone else had the same problem or maybe a solution for this problem? I hope you guys can help

Thanks

This is typically what happens when you flash an UMO firmware on an UMO+ (or the opposite).

Can you tell us exactly what board version is in your printer and which firmware did you flash?

I have a ulticontroller that sometimes goes off, I wiggle the cables and goes on. I did disassemble it couple times but I was never able yo fix it. Also once I got a total lost of control and screen went blue and all temps where reset yo 0 (was very annoying) for this problem the solution for me was to isolate the screen cables from the rest of the cables as much as possible (possibly was cable crosstalking). Anyhow, try to check like @amedee says. If that isn't the issue, try to rearrange the screen cables out of the rest of the cables as much as possible. And ofc, try to check that the cables are fully plugged!

This is typically what happens when you flash an UMO firmware on an UMO+ (or the opposite).

Can you tell us exactly what board version is in your printer and which firmware did you flash?

Thank you guys for the reply. Unfortenatly i do not now which firmware it was. I now have the latest firmware one it. The version of the board is 1.5.7.

I have a ulticontroller that sometimes goes off, I wiggle the cables and goes on. I did disassemble it couple times but I was never able yo fix it. Also once I got a total lost of control and screen went blue and all temps where reset yo 0 (was very annoying) for this problem the solution for me was to isolate the screen cables from the rest of the cables as much as possible (possibly was cable crosstalking). Anyhow, try to check like @amedee says. If that isn't the issue, try to rearrange the screen cables out of the rest of the cables as much as possible. And ofc, try to check that the cables are fully plugged!

Hey Neotko, thank you for your reaction. I took apart the controller en double checked everything. As far as i can see everything is connected in the right way. You where saying that you had a blue screen an 0 temp. My does the same, but it also doesn't react to anything and this happend after the firmware update. How did you isolate the wires? I can always try

I did try to make the cables from the board to the screen cross or be near as little as possible to other cables and the problem banished for the last 7months.

The problem for me occurred after trying to make all the cables mess below the umo+ to look more organized, so when the problem started I thought that I moved something wrong and in the end rearranging the cables solved the issue. Anyhow on my other 2 umo+ I never got that error...

Posted (edited) · UMO + won't start after firmware update

If you have a 1.5.7 board, you have an UMO, not an UMO+ like the subject suggests...

Try to ref-flash an UMO (or UMO-HBK if you have Ultimaker heated bed) firmware from Cura.

That should work...

If it does not, you will have to see if it is still recognised by the Arduino SDK and reflash from there, but first try with Cura.

Edited by Guest