Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
doulos0523

How to include my 3rd party printer into the Cura software.

Hi All

I would to include my 3rd party printer into the Cura software.

----------------------------------------------------------

Ulitmaker customer service say:

To include your 3rd party printer into the Cura software, please follow these steps:

Create a machine profile, which can be loaded instantly in Cura. An introduction on how to do this can be found here: https://ultimaker.com/en/resources/20511-change-machine-settings

Go to https://github.com/Ultimaker/Cura and ‘fork’ the directory.

In your personal fork directory, go to: Cura/resources/definitions.

Drop the machine profile here.

Create a pull request on the profile to the Cura master branch.

Our developers will receive the pull notification, and the printer is added with one-click of a button!

----------------------------------------------------------

Now I had complete the machine setting in Cura, but I can't create a machine profile.

Plz help me to create a machine profile .

2017-01-13_170012.thumb.jpg.5a804afb10f3e9f37075cf3c4db30141.jpg

2017-01-13_170046.thumb.jpg.f58dd45f7dcf91b5efda49cf1167def1.jpg

Thanks!

By "Create a machine profile", they mean a .def.json file like the ones in your Cura/resources/definitions folder. You cannot create those from inside Cura, you have to use a text-editor.

Official machine definitions can define many, *many* (many!) more parameters than what you can set with the Machine Settings screen. The "Custom FDM Printer" route is meant for end-users of printers for which there is no official machine definition.

• Like 1

By "Create a machine profile", they mean a .def.json file like the ones in your Cura/resources/definitions folder. You cannot create those from inside Cura, you have to use a text-editor.

Official machine definitions can define many, *many* (many!) more parameters than what you can set with the Machine Settings screen. The "Custom FDM Printer" route is meant for end-users of printers for which there is no official machine definition.

OK

I will try it.

Thank you very much.