Prusa i3

bigbbdriver

Cura 2.X just slices. It won't communicate over USB anymore. So either donwload cura 15.X or use cura 2.X for the slicing step and pronterface for the printing step.

Cura 2.X just slices.  It won't communicate over USB anymore.

This is not true. Cura 2.x communicates over USB to Ultimaker printers and some others just fine. There are issues connecting to some other printers, but unfortunately noone who is working on Cura has one of those printers and people who have those printers can't fix the issue.

• Like 1

Same problem for me with my anet A8 and cura 2.3.1 and cura 2.4. Unable to connect. My printer is not recognise!

With cura 14.07 in manually mod, i can connect with com4 and 115200 baudrate!

Why manual mod don't exist with cura?

My printer work with slic3r, simplify3d, mattercontrol...but not cura :(

Why manual mod don't exist with cura?

Because it is (1) not needed for Ultimaker printers, and (2) noone with a printer that needs it is able or willing to add it to the new Cura.

I am willing to add it, but I don't have a printer that does not work with the current auto-detection. If someone wants to send me a printer, or even only a controller board to test with, I will do my best to make sure that it works with Cura.

Not ok for send my new A8 :p but if i can try a configuration file, i'm ok!

After, 2 modifications, i can print directly with usb in cura 2.4 but cura say alway "printer not connected!"

First modification in USBPrinterOutputDeviceManager.py

Line 89:

before:

result = self.getSerialPortList(only_list_usb = True) 

after:

result = self.getSerialPortList(only_list_usb = False) 

Second modification in USBPrinterOutputDevice.py

Line 300:

before:

programmer = stk500v2.Stk500v2()

after:

#programmer = stk500v2.Stk500v2()

source: http://mpselectmini.com/cura_2.3_usb_printing_not_working

• Like 1