Print issue for using Simplify3D for Ultimaker3.

insunkwon

Posted · Print issue for using Simplify3D for Ultimaker3.

Hello there,

I desperately need some help with my new Ultimaker3 Extended.

I've been using Ultimaker 2+ with S3D, and I had no issue with printing so far.

I just got UM3 Extended and still willing to use S3D for printing.

However, when I save my g-code file to a usb, and try to print, it says

"Print Finished" in a second, with no print starting at all!

I tried many different settings including some of the forums from this website, downloading FFF for UM3, and still it won't print a thing.

Can some one help me out? or have a same issue?

Please let me know

Best

Insun

Umm about this

"However, when I save my g-code file to a usb, and try to print, it says

"Print Finished" in a second, with no print starting at all!"

Do you mean S3D says that, or the machine, you select the gcode from the usb and that's what it says?

Also, for a fast test, use the UM3 app since it allows yo send gcode to the um3 by wifi.

If the error is 'Print finished' on the screen of the um3, then please post a gcode generated with that profile, because there's something wrong with it or the profile.

Also, the old s3d profile from S3D for um3 has an error on a variable that points to print time. So I would drop them an email for a newer version of their beta profile.

I have a few new profiles for um3, but since I don't use 2.85 cores anymore my settings are way different than a standard user.

Please post the gcode that fails or a sample.

Thanks for the reply neotko.

It is the Printer, UM3 saying "print finished" when it not even started.

I got the UM3 app on my phone, but when I am not able to select my gcode file in the UM3 app.

I am sorry to ask this but, would you tell me how to upload my gcode file? or do you mean upload the script?

I am not very good with all this and I will like to get some help.

Thank you very much!

S3D should contact you after leaving a msg, they use to answer in 24h or so.

About the PM you sent me, the Ultimaker3 app works quite nice for me on my iPhone to send gcodes to the printer.

To see what could be the error can you check that Cura does indeed works and the printer starts?

Also please share one of that gcodes to see what could be the issue.

I just came across your post. Are you still using S3D for the UM3? I have been debating trying it instead of Cura for slicing.

S3D support have sent me another profile file and I never had again the issue !

• Like 1

First profiles they made a typo on the header and the UM3 is very very strict with that header...

Good that they fixed it, I sent s3d support the fix 4months ago...

First profiles they made a typo on the header and the UM3 is very very strict with that header...

Good that they fixed it, I sent s3d support the fix 4months ago...

It has been fixed after several emails, they send me 2 profiles, the latest worked.

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply neotko.

It is the Printer, UM3 saying "print finished" when it not even started.

Could I have your log files? you can use the dump logs to USB function(from system->maintenance->diagnostics->dump logs to USB) to get the logs.

I can also be a mistake in the header of the gcode files, in which case the S3D profile messed up as stated by others.

Not having S3D I've never seen it work on the printer and I can only hope they don't just slam a default header on there... (little things like when printing with one extruder, you want to leave out all mention of the other extruder.... )

Afaik is just the time of print they use a different format and the um3 firmware stops at the weird header. Removing that line fixes it.