Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
THX1138

Cura crashes on start up

I installed Cura on my laptop for the first time and it crashed on start-up. I get an error message saying 'unable to initialise openGL' whilst the Cura title bar says "add printer". I'm unable to screenshot what I see exactly becuase the screenshot looks different from my screen as I see it (never seen that before).

Uninstalling and reinstalling did not help.

yNDDscm.png

My laptop has an integrated Intel 4500M graphics and Windows says the driver is up to date. I tried installing drivers again anyway and an error said that my specification was not sufficient to install which is kind of stupid.

Is my laptop too old? The drivers available on Intel's website are for Windows XP, Vista or 7. Nonetheless, Windows 10 obviously found something to use since my screen works just fine.

Edited by Guest

I have the same problem, only the ultimaker 3 works for me is that also the case with you?

Thanks for your relpy. I'm not sure what you mean. I thought the Ultimaker 3 is a machine and I'm having problems with Cura, the program. I can't even make a GCODE file from my STL so I don't get to try it on the Ultimaker (I only have access to an Ultimaker 2).

I haven't tried to connect my laptop directly to the Ultimaker 2. I wanted to make a GCODE file and transfer it to an SD card to put into the Ultimaker.

Edited by Guest