3D printer won't connect to Cura or print through SD-card from Cura

Mikkel-kj

Posted · 3D printer won't connect to Cura or print through SD-card from Cura

Hi,

I have recently recieved my first 3D-printer, 101hero pylon 3D-printer (DV-version), but I have not been successful in printing my own designs, only those from the manufacturer at 101land.com, which is a bit disappointing, when expecting to print my own designs.

According to the manufacturer, a plug-in file should enable me to print through Cura, but Cura won't even recognize my printer, nor will the printer print files from Cura when saved on a SD-card (As Gcode as advised)

I have also tried other 3D-slicers and printing software, such as repetiere host, Slic3r, pronterface etc.

I do hope that some of you can help me, so I can really join the 3D-printer community

Regards

Mikkel

I never heared of that printer so you are probably better of asking people who know it. But just thinking out load if pre supplied files do print can you open them in notepad and f.e. compare the starting part of the file with the files you get from cura? You may need to change some startup code in the printer definition files.

I never heared of that printer so you are probably better of asking people who know it. But just thinking out load if pre supplied files do print can you open them in notepad and f.e. compare the starting part of the file with the files you get from cura? You may need to change some startup code in the printer definition files.

Hi, thanks for the quick reply.

It's a relatively new printer from Kickstarter.com, so it's understandable that it is yet unknown.

I have tried comparing the files from the manufacturer compared to the g-code files from Repetiere Host and Cura, however they seem to use a different coding form, which they do also state on their website, but I have tried to copy the start code and end code into  Repetiere Host and Cura, but it doesn't seem to make any difference anyway.

You may want to try the older Cura 15.04 instead of Cura 2.x, since that version is what 101hero.com mention on their site. Cura 2.x was rewritten from scratch, and is not as compatible with 3rd party printers when it comes to USB printing.

You may want to try the older Cura 15.04 instead of Cura 2.x, since that version is what 101hero.com mention on their site. Cura 2.x was rewritten from scratch, and is not as compatible with 3rd party printers when it comes to USB printing.

Hi,

I have now tried using Cura 15.04.6 and 15.04, and though they are significantly different from 2.x, they still don't seem work with the 101Hero.

I have tried importing the config file, but it doesn't seem to make any difference, since the printer still won't begin printing directly from the computer, nor from the SD-card.

I now wonder if it could be some other configuration which is wrong, I am, however, not good at understanding coding software, especially G-code, since I haven't worked with it before.

Is there any way I can trouble shoot what's wrong; is it Curas software, the G-code etc., and where the failure is?

Posted (edited) · 3D printer won't connect to Cura or print through SD-card from Cura

Hi again everyone,

So I have finally found a solution, though it's probably not the easiest way...

I got the idea that it might work if I just replaced the lines/codes from the manufacturer's file with the coding for my own design it would print, and amazingly, it actually began printing.

I do not know what's the difference in the files, but it seem to work, so yeah... it works.

I do, however, still try to print directly from the computer without success yet.

Does any of you have an idea that might solve this?

Edited by Guest
    I made more progres in a short time span

Hi!

Can anybody help me? I have similar problems with my 101hero. I tried to change SDHC to SD card installed drivers on my windows 10 tried to connect to cura and repitier host even set up octopi but in windows it says it could not reconize it and in rpi3 that it could not connect to it automaticaly. Do i need to install some drivers on octopi?

Another problem: sometimes when i try to print via sd card it does something and stop and do it all over again. once i even diconected sd card but it still does it.

please help me!