Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
jweaver

Cura 2.3.1 and Printerbot shows objects below the bed

I adore CURA 15.x, but I decided its time to have a good look at the "new" Cura.

I installed 2.3.1 and was happy to see the option for the Printrbot Simple...

But when I load an object, the bottom few millimeters appears inside a layer of "fog"... Like the object is under the bed...

Moving the view around, it looks like the Printerbot bed is rendered accuratly (Which is nice), but the print surface is under the bed...

So I am pretty sure its just a visual thing and it won't affecting slicing/printing.. But its annoying.. Has anyone else noticed this? And is there a solution? (perhaps a way to remove the rendered image of the Printrbot bed?)

You can change the location of the rendered bed by adjusting the "platform_offset" variable in the .def.json file.

Cheers for that.. I checked the "printrbot_simple.def.json" and there is no "platform_offset" variable.. But I checked another json file and can see the syntax.. So I added it to the Printrbot json and now I can't see Printrbot in the list.

There must be something about the syntax that I don't understand. I changed this:

"metadata": {

"visible": true,

"author": "Calvindog717",

"manufacturer": "PrintrBot",

"category": "Other",

"platform": "printrbot_simple_metal_platform.stl",

"file_formats": "text/x-gcode"

},

to this:

"metadata": {

"visible": true,

"author": "Calvindog717",

"manufacturer": "PrintrBot",

"category": "Other",

"platform": "printrbot_simple_metal_platform.stl",

"file_formats": "text/x-gcode",

"platform_offset": [0, 0, 0],

},

Any ideas?

Do

one superfluous comma at the end of the line...

You can validate json structs here: http://jsonlint.com/

Doh.. I am officially an idiot.. I corrected several syntax errors and typos.. But I completely overlooked that comma.

Its working now and for anyone who is interested, the correct values for the Printrbot are:

"file_formats": "text/x-gcode",

"platform_offset": [0, -3, 0]

},