Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
mfiset

Bad leveling ?

Hi ! i'm using UM3 and my printed parts are approx 2mm thicker on one side. Looks like a leveling issue but since the active leveling seems to work well i dont know how to correct the problem. Anyone had the same issue ? Thanks

Mart

2mm! Wow. Please update your profile and add UM3 to it.

Well a picture would help as maybe you aren't talking about what I think you are.

But autoleveling detects the error and then prints the part thicker in the lower spots. Basically it adjusts the Z axis while printing the bottom layer and then adjusts the Z axis less and less as you go up and by some height (5mm? 1mm?) the Z axis is no longer moving on a given slice and your slices are aligned with the gantry instead of the plate. I didn't think autoleveling would do as much as 2mm! Maybe it does.

Anyway if this describes your problem then you need to do a manual rough leveling. Once. Maybe you should do it once every year just for luck but once ever should be fine.