Printing from USB doesn't work

Nickcap

Posted · Printing from USB doesn't work

Hello

I just received my Ultimaker 3 last week and it's printing fine using the network print but when i try using the 'Save to file' in Cura to a USB flash drive and printing from it on the Ultimaker. The printer quickly starts to home but immediately stops and tells me that it has finished printing.

What is causing this?

I've tried using different models and both the stock USB drive and 2 of my own. I also tried using third party slicers like S3D and Slic3r.

Posted (edited) · Printing from USB doesn't work

is the file .gcode extension.

have you setup cura with the correct filaments and printcores as your ultimaker.

is your print too big. (bigger than the print area)

these are some of the issues i assume that could happen

Edited by Guest

is the file .gcode extension.

have you setup cura with the correct filaments and printcores as your ultimaker.

is your print too big. (bigger than the print area)

these are some of the issues i assume that could happen

Yes, the file is .gcode. And it should be able to print. One of the prints i tried printing using USB, i printed using Cura over the network with the exact same settings.

But thank you :)

Are there special characters in your file name? I think anything other than letters, numbers, and underscores will cause the printer confusion if you try to print with it. I remember seeing an instance a few months back where someone's printer was rebooting to the Ultimaker screen due to a special character, and then hanging there until the printer was restarted manually.

Posted (edited) · Printing from USB doesn't work

well you could tell us your filaments you are using, and what is programmed in the machine, then we can slice a small model for you and try sending it to you so you can test it.

If it prints, then there is something wrong in your setup. If it doesn't print, but it prints on our printers, then there is something wrong with your printer, or you need to update your firmware.

Edited by Guest