Edit Cura profile or support material with OctoPi

SKDesign

Posted · Edit Cura profile or support material with OctoPi

Hello,

a few weeks ago I bought a Raspberry Pi to control my Ultimaker 2+ by wlan. Now I want to slice with OctoPi, but how do I enable support material?

I wanted to edit the "pla_0.4mm_normal.ini" file with Notepad++, but I don't know in which value I have to change support? Normally there is "None", do I have to write Yes? True? On?

Is there a list with all values that exists?

And why I can't save the profile in Cura (15.04.06) (file > save profile)?) It's disabled.

Thanks for your help!

Simon

I think @skdesign wants to do the slicing on his OctoPrint instance. OctoPrint has a plugin which uses the 15.04 version of CuraEngine, which uses the 15.04 profile ini files.

Having said that, as the author of the octoprint plugin I agree with @nallath that you have much more control over the placement and print settings if you use Cura 2.3 (or 2.4 beta) with the OctoPrintPlugin.

I use Cura 15.04 because in the interface of Cura 2.2 I can't find all settings, but maybe in 2.3.

2.3 has improved setting search, so settings should be easier to find.

What things were you unable to find?

I don't know, that's a few months ago, some expert settings.

But cura 2.3 is perfect. Especially after i configured the interface.

another question

do you know how you can set up the printing speed that the first 3 layers are printed slower e.g. 70%?