Suddenly Underextrusion

spooner777

Posted · Suddenly Underextrusion

Today I tried to print a part that previously failed due to a broken file. It printed very well until 4mm before the end. It suddenly started to under extrude. I used to have these kind of problems with the old print head, but never since I updated.

I pulled out the filament from the nozzle all the way until it was empty. I can see light on the other side of the hole now. The filament that I pulled out also had the shape of the nozzle .

I checked the extrusion mechanism and it looks and feels as usual.

I feed through some filament by hand and it feels as usual.

I measured the filament and it was still at 2.80mm. (Faberdashery)

So why was it underextruding?

Could be a Cura bug. There is a bug related to the "minimal feedrate" setting in the expert settings. Any version less then 13.01 it's best to set this value to 0. (This bug only happens when you have very small layers)

Ah ok that makes sense. Layer height was 0.1. Where do I get the latest cura? I have 12. something from before christmas.

I took everything apart and pulled everything out of the nozzle. It looked all just like pla, no dirt or other plastic.

Thanks Daid, do you know the time of the day?

Oh Daid, and you know what would be cool? If Ultimaker was to offer a Laser Cut Tool Holder that you can slide on the side of the ultimaker. So you can place all your pliers, knifes and tweezers in there.

Just set "minimal layer time" to 0 seconds and the bug won't affect you. Try printing only the very top of your part if you want to test that the fix works.

Thanks, changed it and it is printing right now. Looks good so far.