Print is not as it should be

gonras

Posted · Print is not as it should be

Hello everyone,

I have a problem with one of my prints and I hope you can halp me out.

I try to print somthing and I got the first and last 6 layers 100% infill, everything else 0% and one outside layer. Prints like that worked before, but for this one it does not... I have made a bunch of pictures and hopfully you will understand the problem:

In Cura everything looks fine.

Glas bed temp

First layer:

1st_layer.png

Third layer:

3nd_layer.png

And a layer in between bottom and top:

12th_layer.png

I made the Part so that everything is a multiple of the nozle size, but in this specific problem it shoulnd matter anyways.

The problem is that the infill does not want to touch the outdisde layer on one side. before anyone says it is a belt problem :-) I have no such problems in any other print before. And I also tried different fillament suppliers.

Here is the first layer with two different infill types. Concentric:

first_layer_concentric_infill.jpg

Line infill:

first_layer_line_infill.jpg

Overview of the bottom side of the part:

The thick side on the bottom is distorted, but the thin side is not...

thin_is_top_thick_is_bottom.jpg

Thick side photo was hard to make, sorry.

thick_side.jpg

Top view of thick side:

top_view_thick_side.jpg

In comparison the perfect thin side without any distortion:

top_view_thin_side.jpg

The infill on the top does not show such evil effects.

Does anyone know how to help me here?

Thank you very very much in advance!

Florian

Okay I did try a new approach with twooutside layers and this happend:

20170211_182502_1.jpg

Do you see this small gab there? It is nice and clean...and should not be there. Can someone explain this?

I am getteing really frustrated :-(

Posted (edited) · Print is not as it should be

It goes away. I strongly suspect a slicing problem...

The problem is that I would strongly prefere to keep the part in this orientation.

Any idea on how to fix that without rotation?

Edited by Guest

Could it be that it are rounding errors? When using 100% infill it needs to align the nozzle (which is 0.4mm) into that open area. My feeling is that since the area that needs to be filled is not a multiple of 0.4. Usually you don't need to worry about your object beeing multiples of 0.4mm since a head move is more exact. But if you want to fill 100% then the last path might not fit into the area left. Then the slicer has 2 options, make the path with less extrusion (over extrusion is at risk) or not print it and you have a gap. Sometimes playing with the nozzle size and compensate with flow might help in this case but it is not exact science more try and error.

Could it be that it are rounding errors? When using 100% infill it needs to align the nozzle (which is 0.4mm) into that open area. My feeling is that since the area that needs to be filled is not a multiple of 0.4. Usually you don't need to worry about your object beeing multiples of 0.4mm since a head move is more exact.

I have everything in a multiple of 0.4mm :-)

I guess I will just let it be...