Heated bed, no temp

Posted · Heated bed, no temp

I've installed one of the silicone heated beds from qu-bd.com (actually, not fully installed - testing right now).

I can get the bed to start heating up by issuing a "M303 E1 C8 S90" command, but I am not getting any readings from the thermistor.

I've installed the 4.7K-Ohm resistor onto R4 on the driver board.

Which pins should i connect the 2 thermistor leads to?

I've seen a picture that looks like you should attach them to the outer 2 connectors (SIG and GND). I've also seen a diagram showing the connection between 5V and GND.

I've enabled the sensors in the Marlin firmware and uploaded it to my board.

I just can't seem to get any data from the thermistor.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Posted · Heated bed, no temp

Measure the thermister when it is not connected to the utlimaker board and make sure it measures around it's nominal value (very very roughly around 100K if it's a 100k thermistor - 50K might be normal also). Try to include all the wiring in your measurement - there may be an open (or possibly a short) in your wiring.

Heat up the thermister by touching it with your fingers or other heat/cool methods. You should see the resistance change immediately.

Once that is working, connect up the thermister to the ultimaker, turn on the power to the ultimaker. Now you have a resister divider so that the voltage at SIG should agree with this formula:

Vsig = 5V X Rthermistor / (Rthermistor + 4700)

• 2 weeks later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
    • Our picks

• UltiMaker Cura 5.7 stable released
        Cura 5.7 is here and it brings a handy new workflow improvement when using Thingiverse and Cura together, as well as additional capabilities for Method series printers, and a powerful way of sharing print settings using new printer-agnostic project files! Read on to find out about all of these improvements and more. 

• 18 replies
      • S-Line Firmware 8.3.0 was released Nov. 20th on the "Latest" firmware branch.
        (Sorry, was out of office when this released)

This update is for...
        All UltiMaker S series  
        New features

Temperature status. During print preparation, the temperatures of the print cores and build plate will be shown on the display. This gives a better indication of the progress and remaining wait time. Save log files in paused state. It is now possible to save the printer's log files to USB if the currently active print job is paused. Previously, the Dump logs to USB option was only enabled if the printer was in idle state. Confirm print removal via Digital Factory. If the printer is connected to the Digital Factory, it is now possible to confirm the removal of a previous print job via the Digital Factory interface. This is useful in situations where the build plate is clear, but the operator forgot to select Confirm removal on the printer’s display. Visit this page for more information about this feature.
        • 0 replies