Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
laertes

Print time on UM2+ vs UM3 in Cura 2.4b

Hi,

I just got my UM3 and using the same settings, the UM3 takes almost twice the time to print as my UM2+

Both were sliced with Cura 2.4b

Looking at them side by side, it looks like the UM# are printing the perimeters a lot slower, even when the setting is the same. Is this a known feature/bug/qirk?

/Lars

The UM3 head is a bit heavier than the UM2(+) head. As far as I recall they tuned the acceleration & jerk settings to compensate for this.

You can change these settings in Cura if you want to. We tune settings for generic cases, so it's possible to create better settings for specific cases.