Plugins - documentation of how to install?

valid8riam

Posted · Plugins - documentation of how to install?

I'm using Cura 2.1.2 (Windows) and have successfully used the PauseAtZ plugin in the Cura/Extensions tab. I am trying to install a PauseAtL (Pause at Layer) plugin that a user has posted. His zip file contains only the .py python file. I thought I simply needed to put the .py file in the /plugins folder, but when I do, I don't see it in any of the Cura/Extensions menus or sub-menus. I can't find any real instructions on the web for installing Cura plugins other than ("copy the .py script file to the /plugins folder"). I have multiple folders and sub-folders with the Cura/Plugins folder and do not understand how folders are related to the menu structure within the Cura Extensions menu structure. Where do I go to get help on this topic?

Thanks,

Posted · Plugins - documentation of how to install?

So cura 15.X and 14.X also had plugins (15 stands for 2015 and 14 stands for 2014) but those plugins are incompatible with cura 2.X. I don't know but I'm guessing that pauseAtL is a cura 15.X (or older) plugin. Plusins for Cura 2.x most likely will specifically mention that they work on cura 2.X.

As for where they would go? not sure but probably in the appdata local cura folder - something similar to this:

C:\Users\your_username_goes_here\AppData\Local\cura\plugins

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
    • Our picks

• UltiMaker Cura 5.7 stable released
        Cura 5.7 is here and it brings a handy new workflow improvement when using Thingiverse and Cura together, as well as additional capabilities for Method series printers, and a powerful way of sharing print settings using new printer-agnostic project files! Read on to find out about all of these improvements and more. 

• 26 replies
      • S-Line Firmware 8.3.0 was released Nov. 20th on the "Latest" firmware branch.
        (Sorry, was out of office when this released)

This update is for...
        All UltiMaker S series  
        New features

Temperature status. During print preparation, the temperatures of the print cores and build plate will be shown on the display. This gives a better indication of the progress and remaining wait time. Save log files in paused state. It is now possible to save the printer's log files to USB if the currently active print job is paused. Previously, the Dump logs to USB option was only enabled if the printer was in idle state. Confirm print removal via Digital Factory. If the printer is connected to the Digital Factory, it is now possible to confirm the removal of a previous print job via the Digital Factory interface. This is useful in situations where the build plate is clear, but the operator forgot to select Confirm removal on the printer’s display. Visit this page for more information about this feature.
        • 0 replies