Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
valid8riam

Plugins - documentation of how to install?

I'm using Cura 2.1.2 (Windows) and have successfully used the PauseAtZ plugin in the Cura/Extensions tab. I am trying to install a PauseAtL (Pause at Layer) plugin that a user has posted. His zip file contains only the .py python file. I thought I simply needed to put the .py file in the /plugins folder, but when I do, I don't see it in any of the Cura/Extensions menus or sub-menus. I can't find any real instructions on the web for installing Cura plugins other than ("copy the .py script file to the /plugins folder"). I have multiple folders and sub-folders with the Cura/Plugins folder and do not understand how folders are related to the menu structure within the Cura Extensions menu structure. Where do I go to get help on this topic?

Thanks,

So cura 15.X and 14.X also had plugins (15 stands for 2015 and 14 stands for 2014) but those plugins are incompatible with cura 2.X. I don't know but I'm guessing that pauseAtL is a cura 15.X (or older) plugin. Plusins for Cura 2.x most likely will specifically mention that they work on cura 2.X.

As for where they would go? not sure but probably in the appdata local cura folder - something similar to this:

C:\Users\your_username_goes_here\AppData\Local\cura\plugins