Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
aaron2aj

NINJAFLEX 3mm 50G on Ultimaker 2 Go HELP?!

Hey Guys so Ive been trying a few different settings on my Ultimaker 2 Go with this Ninjaflex 3mm 50G filament and cant seem to get the right settings.

Anyone have any ideas or good starting points for success with this material or something similar?

I am pretty new to all this so im learning.

I appreciate any help or advice!

Ninja flex is not a beginner filament.

What settings are you currently using?

You need to print slooooww and at around 240 deg. Not that you require good ventilation when printing at high temp as it releases toxic fumes.

Also wipe a bit of oil on the filament so it's not so grippy in the Bowden tube.

Turn off retractions as well and set the travel speed to 250 - 300mm/s

Hi and welcome!

Printing NinjaFlex on a bowden printer is not easy.

I made a small tutorial on my website about this if you want some hints.

But really it applies more to semiflexible filaments. NinjaFlex is really flexible and has many issues with the bowden printers like Ultimaker. It can be done but needs quite some time. Good luck!

yea I am learning all of this quickly! I am attempting a prototype that will eventually be made of silicon so I am looking for a much more flexible print. I tried printing super slow at about 5 and have been trying to find the right heat. I am noticing that the nozzle bubbles quite a bit, I have been reading this may be from humidity in the air/filament? I do live by the beach with about 70% humidity so this could be affecting my print? I will try to these few tips. also is there a way to tell the printer it is a new filament when loading?