Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
ManuelW

variable for gcode to set firstlayer temp

But there is a setting for the first layer temp in Cura.

If i set this

M140 S{material_bed_temperature} T0 ; Heat buildplateM134 T0 ; Stabilize bed temperatureM104 S{material_print_temperature} T0 ; Heat right extruderM133 T0 ; Stabilize right extruder temperature

the printer is heating to print temp and not the set first layer temp.

You'll see cura use 2 g-codes.

The fist time temperature is set (is first layer temp)  M109 is used, which means execution of the rest of the code will wait until the set temperature is reached.

Further on in the g-code the temperature is set using M104, meaning the temperature is adjusted to this set temp but execution of the rest of the code will not wait till this temp us reached.

So if you set first layer temp to 205, and print temp to 200, you'll first find a M109 S205 and further on a M104 S200.

Edited by Guest

No, i cant use the auto generated temps of Cura, because it breaks my print start.

So is have to use the variables in my start gcode. But the variable {material_print_temperatue} set's the print temp and not the first layer print temp.

i need something like {first_layer_print_temp} or so.