Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
bjennings

Cannot Save Project

Sometimes when I save a project, it gives me an error: "Could not save to C:\ ... \*.curaproject.3mf: maximum recursion depth exceeded". Has anyone else seen this error or know what causes it? It will still create a file but Cura will not reopen it.

Thanks in advance

Ugh :(That stupid thing again. It's one of those issues that rears it's ugly head every so often, but has proven to be a nightmare to find (and therefore fix).

Cursid Repeatedly Reoccurring Rogue Recursion Routine

Edited by Guest

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. I've had this problem using Cura 2.4.0 a few times but I've also been using Cura 2.5B and haven't seen it in the beta yet. If it helps to know, I have Windows 7x64 and a UM3e. Are there known conditions that cause it or is it a true gremlin in the system?

I also have this problem sometimes with Cura 2.5 final on Debian Jessie. The message is:

"maximum recursion depth exceeded while calling a python object". If this error

occurred, i cannot save or open any project. After restarting Cura everything seems

fine. I played around a little bit with this issue, but unfortunately I cannot reproduce

this error clearly

Have we found a cure or fix? I just started having this problem in Cura 2.5 and I can't save any of my files because of it.

This problem seems to have multiple causes and we have fixed all we are aware of in 2.6.0-BETA. Could you try to see if that versions works for you?