Cura software silent install unsigned driver problem

richard93

Posted · Cura software silent install unsigned driver problem

I'm trying to silent install Cura but a box asking to install an unsigned driver pops up preventing it finishing.

So I need to know:

1. what the driver is (I assume from the manual install it's an arduino driver but I can't find anymore details other than 'arduino drivers')

2. where I can find said driver to install manually before installing Cura so as I can bypass the popup box

3. why the driver isn't signed in the first place.

If anyone can help that would be much appreciated!

It's the arduino USB driver and it's needed to communicate with USB cable between a computer and the arduino inside an Ultimaker printer.

pre-installing won't help as the installer does not check to see if it's already installed. There may be a switch to skip over that option but I strongly doubt it. This is not a built in NSIS feature and someone at UM would have had to add that option. Although it's possible. A better solution might be to create your own installer or modify the existing one. I believe everything is open source including the .nsi file that creates the installer.

When Installing Cura, just uncheck the Install Arduino Drivers on the 'Choose Components' window in Setup.

If you need USB communications, then head over to the Arduino site: Arduino Software

And download the IDE, but when you go to install it you only need to check the Install USB Driver item and uncheck everything else.

Hope this helps.

@DaHai8 - you misunderstand. He is installing from command line. In "silent mode" there are no checkboxes. There is no user input in silent mode.

/D changes installation directory. /S does silent mode for example:

setup_cura.exe /S

@DaHai8 - you misunderstand.  He is installing from command line.  In "silent mode" there are no checkboxes.  There is no user input in silent mode.

/D changes installation directory.  /S does silent mode for example:

setup_cura.exe /S

Doh! My Bad. :(

HI,

i'm trying to do a silent install of Cura too, and maybe you can help me.

I've tried setup.exe /S, but i have the dialog box for the CDM/FDTI Drivers.

I've tried to first install drivers, it seems to work, and then install cura, but i still have the dialog box for the drivers install.

How do you have proceed ?

Same problem here, Cura 3.2.1 silent installation is not exactly silent, as it shows several popups about Arduino USB drivers, and some other drivers. It apperas that the drivers are not signed, an the target OS, Windows 10 Enterprise, does not allow installing unsigned drivers without consent.

We are using Microsoft SCCM 2012 to push software to our clients, so we really need fully silent installers. We can't have installers that require the user to click an Ok button to proceed.

The latest version we pushed with SCCM was Cura 3.0.4, which installed just fine. Can Ultimaker provide an installer that contains properly signed drivers, or at least give us the option of skipping the driver installation silently ?

Thx,

David

Nobody using silent installation of Cura ?

Hey! I use silent install to install Cura on a test machine.

I had to change the user account control settings to "Never Notify" and then proceed with the silent installation though. :/